Recent Scholarship Winner
Tony Simmons, Little Giant Scholarship Fund chairman, congratulates Krista Weaver.
The creation of a scholarship fund is attractive to many donors and can be structured to benefit students at any education level or for a specific institution. Our staff handles the necessary paperwork and ensures that scholarships are distributed in an equitable manner.
For more information, please contact Mark Roberts at Community Foundation of Central Illinois at (309) 674-8730 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Important Information (Please Read Before Applying)
How the CFCI Scholarship Program Works:
CFCI manages more than 60 scholarship funds. Each scholarship fund has its own application process. In addition to the application, each scholarship fund has a selection committee that determines the recipient(s) of that scholarship.
- Scholarship funds are limited to accredited institutions and private nonprofit or publicly supported institutions.
- Applicants must live in CFCI’s service area (50 mile radius of Peoria, IL, excluding Knox and McLean counties). With a few exceptions (see note below), all applications received from outside this service area are not eligible.
- NOTE: Applications that DO accept applicants outside the service area are identified with an * (asterisk) after the name of the scholarship. Make sure to read the scholarship requirements carefully to see if you qualify.
- Please submit complete and accurate scholarship applications. Read each scholarship’s description carefully prior to applying.
- CFCI highly suggests having all required materials ready prior to applying for each scholarship. Students should refer to each scholarship application for specific instructions.
- NOTE: It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials (transcripts, letters of recommendation, references, etc.) are included in the application.
- Applicants are highly encouraged to submit applications at least 2 weeks in advance and call CFCI’s offices at 309-674-8730 to verify the application is complete. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline and applications missing required materials will be considered incomplete. There will be no exceptions.
- For online applications, it is recommended to use either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for your internet browser when applying for a scholarship.
All information submitted will become the property of CFCI and will be kept confidential. Applicants will be notified on award status by mail. Additionally, the recipient names will be posted on the CFCI website. By applying for a CFCI scholarship, the applicant agrees to these terms and conditions.