On behalf of generous individuals, businesses and service groups, CFCI administers a scholarship program each year to help local students pursue their dreams and goals at colleges, universities, trade and technical schools following high school graduation. No matter what your talents, abilities and passions are, CFCI wants to help you use them to pursue your education dreams!
CFCI manages more than 60 scholarship funds. Each scholarship fund has its own application process. In addition to the application, each scholarship fund has a selection committee that determines the recipient(s) of that scholarship.
• Scholarship funds are limited to accredited institutions and private nonprofit or publicly supported institutions.
• Applicants must live in CFCI's service area (50 mile radius of Peoria, IL, excluding Knox and McLean counties). With a few exceptions (see note below), all applications received from outside this service area are not eligible.
• NOTE: Applications that DO accept applicants outside the service area are indentified with an * (asterisk) after the name of the scholarship. Make sure to read the scholarship requirements carefully to see if you qualify.
• In order to submit complete and accurate scholarship applications, applicants are encouraged to read each scholarship's description carefully to ensure they meet the requirements prior to applying.
• CFCI highly suggests having all required materials ready prior to applying for each scholarship. Students should refer to each scholarship application for specific instructions.
• NOTE: It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials (transcripts, letters of recommendation, references, etc.) are included in the application.
• Applicants are highly encouraged to submit applications at least 2 weeks in advance and call CFCI's offices at 309-674-8730 to verify the application is complete. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline and applications missing required materials will be considered incomplete. There will be no exceptions.
• For online applications, it is recommended to use either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for your internet browser when applying for a scholarship.
All information submitted will become the property of CFCI and will be kept confidential. Applicants will be notified on award status by mail. Additionally the recipient names will be posted on the CFCI website. By applying for a CFCI scholarship, the applicant agrees to these terms and conditions.
Our online application process makes it easy to pursue scholarhsip with CFCI. Students can "click here to apply" to preview an application. To apply, students can then click on "apply" and will be asked to create a username and password.
With the online application process, students are able to save and come back to the application at any time. *Note, for online applications, please allow extra time. Most online scholarships, especially references and letters of recommendation, have fields that require others to fill in; therefore applications cannot be submitted until these fields are completed.
The Community Foundation of Central Illinois is confirmed in
compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations